COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE, CLIENTS
The Counselling Service seeks to ensure that it deals with any complaints from clients in an ethical and respectful manner.
In the event of a client believing they have a legitimate complaint against another member of staff or aspect of the Service, they should in the first instance raise this with the member of staff concerned as part of an informal complaints procedure. The client should identify the issues about which they are dissatisfied and the outcome they are seeking and should communicate this in writing, via email or letter to the most appropriate member of staff (eg the Counsellor concerned).
The informal complaint should be acknowledged within 10 working days and a full report should be provided within a calendar month. If the complaint cannot be resolved at this stage, the following will apply.
- The form of resolution or redress sought should be clearly indicated.
- The complainant may be asked to attend a meeting to clarify the issues.
- The findings will be summarised and conveyed in writing to both parties within 28 days.
The summary may include the following:
- The circumstances giving rise to the complaint
- The investigation undertaken.
- Recommendations about action to develop the member of staff who is the subject of the complaint
- Recommendations for action regarding the Service e.g. policy or practice
Ready to find out more? Supportive Wetherby Counsellor Yasmin
Counselling Leeds, West Yorkshire & Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
I am available from my private practice on Wetherby High Street (LS22), Leeds, West Yorkshire and Harrogate town centre. Both locations are discrete and easily accessible. You are welcome to send me a message using the form above and I will respond as soon as I am able. I always welcome new enquires warmly. If I can't help - I will know someone who can.